Wednesday, September 23, 2015

All Mixed Up Lacquers Characters of Tim Burton Collection Swatch and Review Part 1

Greetings and Nailutations!

*Blogger Package*
I will be doing a few blog posts reviewing the entire Characters of Tim Burton Collection from All Mixed Up Lacquers.  The Characters of Tim Burton Collection contains 16 glitter toppers and they are all inspired from characters from Tim Burton movies.

Photo courtesy of All Mixed Up Lacquers:


Now let's get to some swatches!

First up is Oogie Boogie, a character on A Nightmare Before Christmas.  Oogie Boogie contains neon green and black matte hexes in a few sizes as well as silver holographic hexes in a few sixes.  This polish had a great Halloween look to it, so I dabbed it over Jenna Hipp's Violet Eclair and topped it with a shiny top coat.








Next is Silly Girl, inspired by Alice from Alice In Wonderland.  Silly Girl contains aqua and silver  holographic hexes in a few sizes, an occasional gold holographic hex, silver holographic squares and a pop of iridescent teal glitter.  I added an accent nail of a white ribbon.  I dabbed 2 coast on over Jenna Hipp's I Surf With Boys and added a shiny top coat.







The Barber is inspired by the movie Sweeny Todd.  The Barber contains red and white matte hexes, black and white rectangles and the best part - razor sharp silver holographic shards!  I must admit, the shards being razors  & the "drops of blood" as red glitter cracked me up when I started really looking at the shapes of the glitter.  I used The Barber over Joha's Love Nail Polish Winter Clouds and topped it with a shiny top coat.






The last polish for this post is White Queen, inspired by Alice In Wonderland.  White Queen contains silver holographic hexes in a few sizes and shards and my favorite part - these beautiful little iridescent glitters that when hitting the light just right, really make this glitter topper look like icicles. White Queen is shown over Daily Hues Nail Lacquer Lace Thong topped with a shiny top coat.






Shiny Top Coat: Gem Glam Top Coat from www.dreampolish.com

Loves:  I love the imagery that is created with this collections!  Images with the colors of glitter and even the shapes!  I love this collection's theme, it's original and fun!  My favorite of these four is Oogie Boogie - I really love how the green pops over the purple undie.  I also love that All Mixed Up Lacquers products are 5-free so they don't contain 5 of the harmful chemicals that can be found in polish.

Wishes:  I wouldn't change anything with these 4 - love how they turned out and the formulas were all easy to work with.

Stay Connected:
Store: http://www.allmixeduplacquers.com
Instagram: @all_mixed_up_lacquers
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllMixedUpLacquers

Do you have a favorite Tim Burton movie?  Mine is Big Fish - such a lovely story.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)